September 26, 2012, Issue #1
Creative Web Design and Unified Digital Marketing could be the Perfect Tools for Online Business Success.
A professional and well-designed website, combined with targeted, monitored online marketing, can help you attract new customers, give them all the information they need and convert them to sales - all without a single face-to-face meeting.
The methodology to be followed to grow your business online is by doing good market research, creative website design, using advanced technology, using automation in site, making site user and search engine friendly, executing a suitable online marketing program and Tracking and analysing the campaign results.
Some of the best methods to follow in online marketing are:
- White hat SEO
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Conversion rate optimisation (CRO)
- Conversion value maximisation (CVM)
- Mobile SEO
- Local SEO
- Link Building
- Email Marketing
- Social media marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- White hat SEO : White hat SEO is optimizing websites by following the rules and guidelines of search engines for promotion for getting the long listing and quality back links in search engines. White hat SEO techniques are usually time taking there require long duration for getting the site in search results. Once the results are achieved than it would stay there for a long time as search engines add more credibility to their website.
- Pay Per Click (PPC): It is a great opportunity to test how much traffic you are getting by using particular key words and understand which key words are giving high traffic to your site. This understanding can be applied to improve the search engine optimization (SEO) to your website.
- Don't just get involved in Google Ad words or Facebook advertising with no prior experience or without learning about the advertising tools. It can be a complete MONEY PIT for businesses who don't understand how to use it effectively.
- You should contact to someone who understands the advertising channel and can help you get setup properly with Google Ad words.
- You have to understand how that traffic is performing, Google Ad words lets you setup tracking to measure your cost per conversion on a lead or sale and you can analysis this further by linking your account to your Google Analytics to understand the website traffic.
- Conversion rate optimisation (CRO): Create user friendly website with proper navigation and search engine friendly. Use contact forms, chat, Unique content, Make site mobile friendly by coding in HTML 5, optimize all tags, use relevant keywords in url and in meta tags also. Generate the user Reviews about the products and services as well as about the company. Conversion rate is the ratio of visitors who convert casual content views or website visits into desired actions based on subtle or direct requests from marketers, advertisers, and content creators.
- Mobile SEO: Mobile SEO is fast gaining prominence in the internet marketing industry, as webmasters fall over each other to target the users of cell phones, smart phones and PDAs. Some of the following steps which needs to be followed to optimize the site for mobile searches
- Types of mobile
- Create a mobile-ready site
- Render your existing site
- Standardize technical layouts
- Site mapping
- Content accessibility
- Local SEO: Local SEO is one of the best methods to generate more business. Optimizing the web site for the local searches, submitting site to local search engines, classified web sites, social media, creating multi location landing pages will improve your conversion rate.
- Link Building: There has been a ton of qualitative and somewhat quantitative research done on which factors play larger roles in determining the pages that get ranked at the top of a search results page. The Domain characteristics, Page characteristics, Information architecture characteristics, Conducting keyword research, Aligning the keywords with pages of your site, Optimizing each page around its targeted keywords, using internal anchor text in smart way and stay connected to relevant sites of your space.
- Email Marketing: The most effective means of getting customers or clients for your business is, through targeted email marketing. Email marketing does not have to terribly expensive when you are doing it yourself and is highly effective. You can use the targeted mailing to draw people over to your site to sign up for your newsletters. Once they have signed up for your newsletter you will have the ability to keep them informed of your services and any new updates you may have. Then if they are not ready to convert when you first contact them you will stay in their mind and use you when they are in need of your service of product.
- Social media marketing: As you know, Social Media Marketing is a fast growing topic and an important aspect of any overall marketing strategy whether it be an entrepreneur, small business, or corporation. The main two things that you need to do is:
- COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION- Participation across all related communities on Social Networking sites, Forums, Blogs as well as content sharing and content bookmarking websites.
- COMMUNITY BUILDING- Building a community platform on our servers to attract interested audience from our participation efforts, encourage them for participation in our community and strategically build interest for our product/service.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing relies purely on financial motivations to drive sales. Companies will use various methods like search affiliates that utilize PPC, loyalty and CRM sites, information marketing, coupons, weblogs and website syndication feeds, Email, file sharing etc...